When add hikvision security camera to a dahua NVR, ensure that you follow the steps below to successfully complete the process:
Step 1: Activate the Hikvision Camera
Before starting, make sure that the hikvision surveillance camera has been successfully activated.
Step 2: Disable Illegal Login Lock, Enable Integration Protocol, and Create an ONVIF Account
- Disable Illegal Login Lock: In the settings of the hik ip camera, locate and disable the illegal login lock feature. This prevents login restrictions from affecting the NVR connection.
- Enable Integration Protocol: Enable the camera’s integration protocol, typically found in network settings or protocol settings. Make sure to select ONVIF as the protocol.
- Create ONVIF Account: In the security camera settings, create an ONVIF account with sufficient permissions so that the NVR can access the camera’s video stream.
Step 3: Activate and Login to Dahua NVR
- Activate Dahua NVR: If the Network video recorder is not yet activated, ensure to activate the device following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Log In to NVR: Use the administrator account to log in to the Dahua NVR.
Step 4: Add Hikvision Camera to Dahua NVR via ONVIF Protocol
Step 5: Check if Addition is Successful
- In the device management, check the list of added cameras to confirm if the IP camera has been successfully added.
- If the camera is not online, try refreshing several times. If it still does not come online, ensure that the camera and Dahua NVR are on the same local network.
- If the issue persists, attempt to synchronize the time settings of the IP security camera and Dahua NVR, then try adding it again.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully add a hikvision cctv camera to the Dahua nvr system and integrate the video stream. Remember to back up important data before making any changes and always refer to the device’s user manual for the most accurate information.